1 Meal Serving Ingredients
- 3 large tomatoes (the riper the better) *
- 1 red pepper *
- 1 carrot *
- 1 celery stalk
- a large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- dried mixed herbs
- Start by chopping the veg – the carrot needs to be peeled and chopped in half before slicing it
- Chop the celery into fine slices
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters
- De-seed a Pepper and chop into bite-sized chunks
- Place all the veg with the basil leaves into a saucepan
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on the pan and allow everything to simmer for about 20 minutes – until all the veg and soft and mushing together nicely
- Once this has happened add the apple cider vinegar, before placing everything into a blender.
- Blend for a minute or so until a smooth sauce forms.
Image for illustrative purposes only